ABOUT MRS. KNIGHT
I love getting kids excited about science and am looking forward to being at Johnson Middle School! It is a fantastic school with an amazing staff!
I live in Wylie with my husband and 20 yr. old son who is a graduate of Wylie High School and now a student at Collin College. My husband and I have lived in the Dallas area for 24+ years and believe it is a great place to live and work!
This is my 15th year teaching middle school science - my 1st year in MISD. Learning something new every day and making a difference in the lives of others is what drives me! My biggest professional achievement has been the influence I have had on students and educators.
In my classroom, we value teamwork and personal responsibility; safety and respect; honesty and trustworthiness; creativity and innovation; kindness and compassion. We use technology regularly as a tool for learning. We use projects (big and small) as a way to make connections between our learning and the 'real world'.
My goal for every student is academic and personal growth. I want students to become a partner in their own learning by setting goals, tracking his/her progress and then using reflection techniques to assess progress and adjust goals accordingly.
- Masters Degree in Educational Administration from Texas A&M Commerce, 2017
- B.S. in Medical Technology from UT Southwestern Medical Center School of Allied
Health Science, 1997
- Teacher Certification Program at Collin County Community College, 2005
- 11 yrs at Wylie ISD teaching 6th and 7th grade Science, PLC (team) leader
- 3 yrs at Garland ISD teaching 6th and 7th grade Science
- Prior to teaching, I worked as a medical technologist at a hospital laboratory and as a
circuit designer at a large telecommunications company.